- Go to bed and wake up at regular set times regardless of the day of week.
- Don’t allow yourself more than 45 minutes of day time nap.
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages four hours before bedtime and don’t smoke at all.
- Avoid caffeine atleast six hours before bedtime. This includes coffee, tea, many soft drinks and chocolate.
- Avoid heavy, spicy, or sugary foods about four hours before bedtime.
- Exercise regularly, but not before couple hours before bed time.
- You should use comfortable bedding.
- Set comfortable temperature in your bedroom, and keep the room well ventilated.
- Block out all distracting noise and eliminate as much light as possible.
- Reserve your bed for sleep and sex ONLY. It is not an office, a workroom, a movie theater, or TV viewing venue.
These tips definitively will enhance the lives of those with Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
Copied from American Sleep Apnea Association